Purchasing Manager MB335
New York City, NY AREA
Competitive salary + Bonus
Our client company is seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to provide leadership and insight to influence and drive future process or strategic procurement improvements.
You must be willing to:
· Negotiate contracts for packaging/raw materials
· Work closely with suppliers to maintain quality of raw materials/timely shipments to user plants
· Analyze supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality/delivery requirements
· Provide feedback to suppliers
· Be responsible for managing all material supply chain activities that support production
· Manage all relevant imports/exports
· Maintain departmental compliance with ISO rules
Requirements (IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE, DON’T APPLY)
· BS Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or Materials Science (experienced considered)
· Minimum 8 years purchasing/negotiating experience with large dollar/volume contracts
· Knowledge of compliance/legal requirements for supply contracts/Non-Disclosure Agreements/etc.
· Quality system ISO 9000 experience
· Chemical industry experience
· Knowledge of masterbatch industry/experience purchasing resins preferred
· Computer proficiency in Excel/Outlook/JDEdwards
Our client requests resumes be submitted in Word Doc format, '97-2003, without headers.
Full Time, Permanent Position
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship needed now or future
Edwards Place of Employment is a BBB accredited business