Transportation Engineer-DOT JW126
South Bend, IN
Competitive Salary + Health/Life, 401K
Our client company is seeking an experienced transportation engineer to provide engineering design for a variety of highway design projects.
You must be willing to:
- Develop plans/specifications/estimates based on current INDOT plan development requirements
- Perform drainage delineation/calculation/storm sewer pipe sizing using GEOPAK drainage
- Develop pavement marking plans/signing plans/maintenance of traffic plans
- Perform/deliver cost estimates using INDOT's Weighted Average Item Price Report
- Work with AASHTO software, Trnsport-Stand-Alone PES Worksheet (SAPW).
- Assist in client contact/communication
Requirements (IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE, DON’T APPLY):
- BS civil engineering (emphasis in transportation engineering)
- P.E. license
- 4+ years of experience in highway design (all components of alignment and geometrics design) based on
- Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) road design manual
- Must be proficient with Microstation GEOPAK SS4, prior 3D modelling experience
- Understanding of INDOT Workspace concept for plan development using Microstation
- Ability to perform drainage design using GEOPAK drainage
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Good written/verbal communication skills
Full Time, Permanent Position
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship needed now or future
Edwards Place of Employment is a BBB accredited business