Metallurgical Engineer, VI MB570
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Isles
Competitive salary + Bonus + Free Housing/Utilities
Our client company is seeking an experienced Engineer to provide the manufacturing facility with technical expertise related to materials selection, identifying potential degradation modes and estimating the likelihood of failure.
You must be willing to:
· Be responsible for identifying long-term improvement opportunities, implementing technologies to improve plant profitability
· Lead development activities for plant personnel to develop best practices
· Develop inspection/ monitoring plans for fixed equipment (i.e. tanks, piping, vessels)
· Monitor the plant for changing conditions which may impact inspection plans or the rate at which equipment needs to be replaced.
Requirements (IF YOU DON’T HAVE THESE, DON’T APPLY)
· BSME (BS/MS in Materials Engineering Preferred)
· 2+ years’ work experience associated with materials/inspection in the petrochemical industry
· Familiarity with API inspection codes (e.g. API 510, 570, 580 & 653)
· Also typical equipment degradation modes (e.g. API 571)
· Have competent computer/planning/communication/prioritization skills.
Our client requests resumes be submitted in Word Doc format, '97-2003, with contact information outside of the header
Full Time, Permanent Position
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship needed now or future
Edwards Place of Employment is a BBB accredited business